Half-day private tour
Discover the dark past of communist dictatorship in Prague with an off-the-beaten-path private tour led by a knowledgeable guide. Immerse yourself in the history, stories, and local culture of communist Prague from 1948-1989, and discover the bravery and courage of those who stood up against the regime. Experience sensory storytelling as you explore the city’s most remarkable sites, hear personal stories from locals, and connect with the destination emotionally.
- 169 EUR
per private guide/per tour
- 2,90 EUR
public transport single ride ticket/person (1 ticket needed)
- 3.5 hours tour duration
- mostly walking tour, incl. 30 minutes drive by public transportation
- easy-paced exploration with breaks upon request
- tour start/end at your hotel by default, special arrangements for a different pick-up and drop-off location upon request
Czech Radio headquarters ↣ National Museum ↣ Former parliament of communist Czechoslovakia ↣ Jan Palach memorial ↣ Wenceslas square ↣ Monument of St. Wenceslas ↣ Melantrich balcony ↣ Secret police STB headquarteres ↣ National street ↣ Velvet Revolution memorial ↣ National Theatre ↣ Laterna Magika ↣ Memorial of communist terror ↣ US embassy ↣ Lennon Wall ↣ Charles bridge ↣ Old Town Square
Welcome to a unique and unforgettable experience in Prague – a private tour that will take you off the beaten path to explore the dark past of communist dictatorship. Discover with me the dark past of communist dictatorship in Czechoslovakia and Prague from 1948-1989.
Follow me on a journey through the sites and places connected with our 20th century history during communist rule, from the communist coup in 1948 and terror in 1950s, through the Prague Spring 1968 and Russian invasion to Czechoslovakia, to the fall of the communist regime following the Velvet Revolution in 1989. Hear about the political background and international context of the communist regime and its consequences on present-day life in Czech Republic.
I’ll share my personal stories from that time and touching stories of the heroic bravery and courage of people who fought against the regime.
Experience the nostalgia, independence, and confidence of being part of history and fitting into the past. This active learning experience will connect you to the emotional plot and characters of this era, while also satisfying your curiosity as a savvy traveler.
This walking tour is suitable for anyone with an interest in this chapter of our history. With an emphasis on safety, security, and choice, this tour is suitable for all types of travelers.
Book this tour
Terms & Conditions
- The listed rates for guided tours include VAT and all charges, and apply to private tours in English (other languages available on request) for up to 6 people. For larger groups, please inquire.
- Entry fees and public transportation, if needed, are charged per person.
- Payment for private tours and other services can be made in cash (major currencies accepted) after the tour, or via bank wire prior to the tour.
- Private transportation, food and and drinks are not included but can be arranged upon request.